Frequently Asked Questions

Supporting you

We are here to help

All you need to do is give notice to your current accountant and copy us in, we’ll then take over and help create a smooth transition to Zen. The Zen team will then request professional clearance from your existing accountant and gain access to your previous information. Your current accountant legally needs to send us everything that we request within 28 days.

We provide services to personal taxpayers, self-employed individuals, partnerships, company directors and limited companies in the creative, film and performing arts sectors. You’ll find us to be experts in the industry and the specialist you need to take your career, business and creative projects forward.

We have clients in both the UK and abroad and work predominantly in the cloud. In order to provide you with a quote or hold a consultation with you, we can offer this via a video call, telephone call or in person, depending on your preference. You can even book a meeting with us via our Calendly link, and you can choose the platform you would like the meeting on, when you want it!

The consultation we offer is free, with no obligation and is an opportunity for our accountant to better understand your circumstances, advise how we can help and provide you with a tailored fixed fee for the services you require.

Zen has an office based in Bristol, and our sister company Ton is based in Cardiff. The details are below:

Zen Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
Park House, 10 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5HX, UK
tel: +44(0)117 325 0901

Ton Media Cyf
Maple House, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Greenwood Cl, Cardiff CF23 8RD
Tel: +029 2132 1220

Telephone numbers for HMRC are:
Self Assessment Tax Returns – 0300 200 3310
PAYE – 0300 200 3200
VAT – 0300 200 3700
Corporation Tax – 0300 200 3410
CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) – 0300 200 3210
Online Services – 0300 200 3600